Some Vintage blogging

I found this while reading over some of my old diary posts from 2006. One of my favourite things about keeping a diary is being able to stroll through dusty thoughts and feelings long after their intensity has faded and instantly have a surge of their original potency. Much like catching the faintest smell of a lovers perfume in a sea of strangers. How soppy.

"Tequila bars and a head full of fears, long distant phone calls and drunken tears. I have so much hidden inside me... I'm hiding you aren't I? I never lie to you but that doesn't mean I tell all my tales. I have to cut parts of me out and paste and copy and reprint so that a new, edited, safe version is read by the few I need to protect. I can't do that on the phone to you. You hear my voice and I know you know what I feel, what I'm doing and that I'm hiding it from you.

I feel the waves that travel so far, so fast, so silently. I feel the way they seek you out. At that moment when they find you, I see them. I see them touch your ear, your skin, and run inside you like a liquid, consuming your thoughts with a simple.... hello! I spend my life on the phone because I need to be close to you. I need you to be part of those moments that change me, the moments that are the cause of that gasp of breath when you see me for the first time in so long and cant believe I'm not exactly as I left.


No comments:

Post a Comment